Monday, June 13, 2011

Liber Lilith (part I)

Alright, I have been putting this off for a while.  I don't even know which vantage point to begin discussing this book...  I suppose the best place to start is an intro eh?

THERE ARE SPOILERS CONTAINED IN THIS POST

Well if you don't already know, Liber Lilith is a semi-fictional grimoire written by occult writer Donald Tyson.  There are three parts to the book.  A grimoire Tyson claims he received through telepathic messages from a entity.  A fictional journal of an ill-fated occultist who attempts to practice the grimoire as he slowly succumbs to madness and commits suicide.  Last, there is an analysis broken down by Tyson over the first part containing the grimoire.  The reason I call this book a work of semi-fiction is because Tyson claims to wrote the grimoir from other means than his creative imagination. 

These screenshots below are taken from his book sexual alchemy as he mentions Liber Lilith before it was published.

http://i.imgur.com/b285q.png
http://i.imgur.com/zmT7R.jpg

At his website, Tyson further discusses his opinion on Liber Lilith.

http://www.donaldtyson.com/lilith.html

I am sure there are skeptics over his claim that a "higher intelligence" gave him the text for the grimoire portion to write.  Some would view it as a marketing lie to boost publicity for his book.  In regards to this, my research and personal experience have revealed that portions of the grimoire have indeed occurred to other people who had no knowledge of the book and myself.  Which leads me to believe that assertion is untrue and his claim is genuine.   

As for the rest of the book, Tyson tries to attempt to make the accounts of Karl Steiger seem very true. Although the account is purely fiction, there are many helpful clues that are included in Karl's journal to those that heed.  Overall, the book has sinister undertones for those who have yet to read it but didn't care about the spoilers.

Now going into my research on the book.

I came across a blog devoted to a person who was going to perform the first portion of the grimoire as closely as possible.  The blog is located  here,

Liber Lilith Ritual Blog

The man gets as far as making the Lilith golem before he calls it quits.  I assumed the worst but luckily, after a long amount of searching I managed to find him on another forum.  He mentioned his aftermath dealings with the ritual.



ahast42696 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:49 pm
Sorry for the late reply, I just signed up for the message board.

I've worked with this book before and have to say I had some seriously bad results. This wasn't the first time I've worked with Lilith, but it was the most dramatic. I followed the instructions precisedly, (see my blog at the time: (starts here, going forward http://drakonflight.blogspot.com/2008_1 ... chive.html). My life then started to go downhill. I'd had a ruptured disc in my spine months ago and it re-ruptured for no reason. It should have healed in 6 weeks - it took 16. I had problems at work, problems at home, problems with my marriage. Basically everything went downhill but the work was so addictive I just couldn't stop, even when I became physically incapable of kneeling or sitting for the rituals. I finally got the point, stopped the work and sealed my pentacle in a box. Within a couple of weeks everything got better.

I STILL want to go back to this work, but I need to find a more cautious approach. Tyson's grimoire is like diving into a raging ocean. There has to be a way to take it more carefully.

by Gordon Finn on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:57 pm
Working on your self-control would be where I'd start.

by ahast42696 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:26 am
Ha ha, indeed Gordon!

Unfortunately, when you work with Lilith, and particularly with this grimoire, self control is something that's taken out of your hands. It's fine for a while, but once you begin to get results you really don't get to be in control any more. You have no idea how hard it was to stop. This is why I object so much to the proliferation of books and articles that suggest Lilith is everything from a 'patron of witches' to a poster-child for feminism. Lilith is not human. She isn't anybody's patron. She is the mother of all Succubi, (actually literally!:)). There is no 'self control' because she takes control, mentally, physically and spiritually. I know this sounds like utter Bulls@*t, but until you have worked with her there is no way to describe it.

You may talk about possible protective measures, but look at the rituals: You sleep in a circle of serpents that invites her in. You kneel before a shrine and let her posess you. There is no banishing or purification. There is no opening and closing of the veil. I actually think I got off lightly, compared to Karl Steiger!

Another forum site claims that a person wrote a review on amazon for the book describing a nasty experience.  (the review is no longer on display at amazon)


Original post: Mdjai

I was reading the reviews on Amazon.com, and one person's review was kind of messed up.  One of her friends that she let borrow the book tried one of the rituals out of curiosity, and ended up with an angry entity trying to get her.  Long story short, the reviewer said she got involved to help her friend and the entity verbally warned her to stay out of it, or she'd be risking her life.  But she continued to help her friend, and caught a severe beatdown from the entity, and almost died.


Found a comment inside an online review about a person who tried doing the idol ritual in the grimoire without the Lilith golem


  1. Probably the most accurate review of this book so far. I admit I am a novice to this sort of thing (Lilith not the wisest choice for an amateur)and went into it with a fair amount of skepticism, mainly due to the fictional parts of the book.
    I decided to try it for a month or so and used the front cover as the idol, focusing on the left eye, etc.
    I have to say this is indeed dangerous. As I said I was and still am a novice so I cannot presume too much, but I found myself feeling drained more and more everyday and became more and more addicted to what I felt was her. It took a lot of willpower on my part to stop the whole thing.
    I’m surprised there is such little discussion out there on working with this book as I would like to know other people’s results. My conclusion is that it is a fascinating read, but something very dangerous if used practically.
    Comment by Samael8 | April 30, 2010  | Reply


Another batch of negative encounters with Lilith in relation to the book.


 by Ylem on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:28 pm


Hi, this is first time posting here, and mostly because i'm seeking advice and help.

My Magickal workings consisted mostly of doing some Chaos Magic now and then (some successful, some not) every couple of months or so, but lately i have been feeling a strong call for doing Magick and for some spiritual enlightenment. Tis i believe to be so because of my extreme dislike of ordinary and mundane life, into which mine is turning into. Being a dabbler such as i am, i was going to start from the beginning, i have read Questing After Visions from Koetting, i was greatly impressed and inspired and decide to do some exercise in achieving Lucid Dreaming before advancing to mastering the art of Astral Projection.

So, full week passed, and yesterday i was thought of an experimenting, and put on a Somnium an ambiental album which has music on this album composed in such fashion as to influence the dreams. I fell asleep trying to program myself to have lucid dreaming. I dreamed i was in some kind of great old temple that was devoted to Lilith, and i was leading the expedition with a fellow who had the appearance of Indiana Jones. I've noticed he had a maddening quest to uncover and find the main altar dedicated to the Lilith. The temple was filled with traps, and i activated one which disabled me, and as i was put on a stretcher, i told the Indiana Jones character that the Lilith is possessing him and controlling him, that he must resist. When i mentioned this words i felt as being pulled out of my body and i just let myself be pulled going along with the current, i woke up and felt and undeniable presence above me, to my right as i was sleeping on my left side. What i felt above me was something that sent chills all the way to through my spine, feeling very unnatural and cold, and i asked mentaly "Are you Lilith?..." The presence, did not answer and did nothing just "floated" there above me, and then i thought about being careful not to offend the entity, and in my mind came a stray thought that she probably likes men that do not resist. Upon having that thought enter my mind, the presence (did something that i can only describe as screaming) screamed loudly in my right ear and i felt pressure and ringing like the one you have after something loud explodes near you. I just laid on my bed scared, puzzled and perplexed by my experience :shock: , was it really Lilith or some other entity? malevolent or benign?

Also i am unsure as how to approach this matter lacking in experience and being unable to ask someone other then people on this forum. Is banishing in order or something else? Should i contact in some manner this entity? Will it wreak havoc in my life?

by Ylem on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:04 pm


This actually helped a lot, thank you, on a side note, i have been demoted on my job, and my girlfriend ended our relationship yesterday, after going through a lot of information on Lilith i am 100% certain that this is of Lilith's doing, although she did not appear to me since then but i saw an owl just after i was walking home from my girlfriend after break up. I am resolved to end this, at first i felt honored for being chosen by her, but this is ruining my life and i cannot let this continue.

 by Ylem on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:14 pm

I must agree, there is more to Liber Lilith than it seems, i was doing exercises for Lucid Dreaming just as i did finish reading Liber Lilith and had a very negative encounter with her, i did not occur to me that it might be connected and i thought of the foreword to be something more for those easily impressionable than warning, still i did not perform any of the rituals described in the book and Starfire Publishing refers to it as "novel".
 
Above Sources
Above Sources II


Yet, another person who has worked with Lilith through Liber Lilith.


03-25-2011, 04:21 AM
devakxes
She does not like to be seen as greater than or lesser than one's self.

If you are Chosen by Her, you will feel fire in your heart... burning like a body in a cremation ground...

Her energy is like the desert heat. It destroys the home, the foundation, everything to reveal that the only thing keeping you alive, is your desire to live. If you have none, then you will perish.

03-25-2011, 06:31 AM
devakxes
I think it is ultimately important to understand that she WILL have her way with you. If you develop a relationship with Her (like I have) you may feel such a peak in your lusts, desires, passions, in order to do drastic things. If you do not act with control of yourself - out of the desire to live (both to feel alive and to survive). She will destroy you.

Above Source

2 comments:

  1. destroy you how? anyone know how, she goes about destroying people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sceptic when I see Hebrew letters and such things. Then, how could one reasonably assume that dead animal parts are a good thing to attract attention. After all, such ceremonies were most often used against her, or as abuse, by trying to command her like any petty demon, thinkng that the more expensive the sacrifices, such as living beings (for which there are some to have the means and connections), the more power these people may gain. Yes, it's a very powerful symbol, but much too preciuos than being messed around with. I feel no pity at all about those to which their imprudence has come back. The only thing to present as sacifice is your life devoted to be in her service, thereby also having a little fun in the meantime; but especially you must feel that this is something you want from deep within your soul. Actually, what I've said is nothing more than this mentioned of being the highest patron of witches (let me add, in a triple aspect). Especially attractve to men; in the fantasies of women her horned consort may be more involved. However, invoking an incubus is the last thing I'd recommend, unless you have the strong desire for the experience. For men, unless there is something of an succubus in a woman, what would be the point dating her? For making experience with the darker aspects, I think, Donald Tyson is a realiable source. A better way to start with occultism, however, would be Franz Bardon, because there you are more likely to assume more patience in your exciting journey. Following this and that path for interesting books for my next interesting weeks of transformation (as described in Pranic Nourishment, by Jasmuheen), today, I was actually looking for something about soul travel, but for us (my companion. to meet with more closely, and I, who had still to be around a little longer) to feel more closely her presence and guidance is a nice aspect for my motivation to focus my intention even more on what can be found from within.

    ReplyDelete