Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Seduction of Lamech


Chapter I


The Masterpieces of forbidden knowledge revealed by Lilith, the Queen of Harlots, unto Lamech, son of Methusael, son of Mehujael, son of Irad, son of Enoch, son of Cain the Accursed.


It happened in the dark of the Moon, when Lamech with troubled mind lay upon his cot to sleep that Lilith came to him in a dream.  He knew her by the beauty of her red hair, blazing in long coils of beaten copper wire with the jewels of Egypt.  The dust of the rose blushed on her cheek.  From her parted lips dripped scarlet juice of the pomegranate.  Her eyes were two rolling emerald waves of the sea that caught the blood of the setting Sun upon their crests.  White her teeth with the whiteness of snows on the distant mountain, white her breasts with the pallor of the morning mist that lingers in the valley.


Lamech gazed long upon her, and his heart was smitten with desire.  He forgot the faces of his wives.  They became as bleached skulls over which the hand of Death had stretched a parchment to write mockeries upon.


"Fear not, child of my womb, for I have come to comfort you in the darkness of your soul."  So she spoke in a voice of wind on the sea.  "I do not know you."  I told her.  "You are not the wife of Mathusael, my father."


She placed the fingers of her palm, white as the lily, over my lips and smiled.


"Listen and be wise.  All the seed of Cain and its seed and the seed of its seed was given unto me even to the seventh generation.  Faithless one, you are a child of my womb as was your father and his father before him.  Deny me not!  Soon the blood on your hand will prove your birth.  Hark unto me and I will teach you wisdom that has not been spoken since the beginning."


Saying this, she drew me to her breast and thrilled me with burning caresses until I swooned with pleasure and lay in my own defilement.  Darkness intoxicated my soul.  From a great height I heard her say to me, "Listen to the wisdom of the aeons and be wise in understanding.  O son of blood.  When you wake on the morrow take pen and ink block and record these saying upon papyrus leaves.  Seal them in clay and hide them under the earth where I will show you for the teaching of coming ages."


She spoke many wonders through the night until the crowing cock announced the dawn.  Then she vanished leaving the scent of sandalwood.  Lamech arose from his couch and got pen and ink block and leaves of papyrus and wrote in the script of angels her words even as she had ordered it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment